If you can dream it, you can do it. If you can visualize it, you can increase its odds of happening. If you put positive energy into the universe, positive energy will come back to you.
These are just a few of the tenets of manifestation, a way of thinking that’s been gaining popularity among everyone from yogis and crystal healers to high-powered celebrities and CEOs.
Is it real? Does it have any scientific basis? Can manifestation help you with your life? Let’s talk about it!
What is Manifestation?
Manifestation is the idea that your thoughts shape your reality. Also known as “the law of attraction,” it’s the belief that positive energies will bring positive things into your life while negative energies will bring negative things.
The science behind manifestation is a matter of debate. Some people say that it’s a real skill set influenced by things like mirror neurons in the brain. Others think that it’s a type of cognitive re-framing that utilizes adaptive behaviors and creative visualization to help people overcome setbacks and unlock new possibilities for their life.
At the end of the day, no matter what you believe about the science of manifestation, it’s undeniably a tool that has helped people all across the globe with their mental health.
3 Tips for Harnessing the Powers of Manifestation
While manifestation is a complex topic that can lead you down rabbit holes of everything from philosophy to metaphysics, it’s also quite easy to get started with it!
1. Visualize your desired outcomes.
Get specific. Imagine yourself as the star of your own movie, and build the sets piece by piece. You don’t want to just “lose weight,” you want to fit into a specific pair of jeans and strut down the sidewalk in front of your house with confidence. You don’t want to just “get a promotion,” you want to lean back in a plush leather chair in a gigantic office with pictures of your family posed on the desk.
“If you can form a strong mental picture and visualize yourself doing it, your brain will immediately find ways to get you there.” – Bob Bowman, swimming coach to Michael Phelps
Consistent and repeated visualization is one of the cornerstones of manifestation. When you finally achieve your goals, you want to have envisioned them so much that they feel like old, familiar territory.
2. Take small steps towards big dreams.
A common productivity hack is to create SMART goals for yourself:
This concept can also be applied to manifestation. By breaking down your dreams and desires into small, realistic parts, you can train both your conscious and unconscious mind to take things one step at a time. You don’t have to conquer Rome in a day. You have plenty of time.
3. Believe in yourself.
This might sound like obvious advice, but it’s quite common for people to struggle with feelings of uncertainty and inadequacy even as they do all the “right” things with manifestation and visualization.
This is completely normal, but it’s important not to let yourself get trapped in a downward spiral of doubt.
“When you doubt your power, you give power to your doubt.” – Honore de Balzac, French novelist and playwright
Remember your mindfulness. Remember the power of attraction. If you’re putting fear and hesitation into the universe, these are the only things that are going to come back to you.
16 Top Powerful Manifestation Quotes for Spiritual Empowerment
Are you ready to cast aside your fears and doubts and live a stronger, more purposeful life? Are you ready to escape your self-inflicted vortexes of negativity and unlock futures for yourself that you never even thought possible? Use these top powerful manifestation quotes to help you build a foundation for a new life.
1. “There is a truth deep down inside of you that has been waiting for you to discover it, and that truth is this: you deserve all good things life has to offer.”
– Rhonda Byrne
Rhonda Byrne is the author of The Secret, the self-help book that brought the law of attraction into public consciousness back in 2006. She had no idea that she’d be starting a revolution with these concepts, but they’ve become the basis for modern manifestation and mindfulness techniques ever since!
2. “Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
The world wants to help you. It wants to open doors, give you chances, show you possibilities and lead you to better futures. However, you won’t recognize these opportunities if you’re always waffling with indecision or worrying about risks.
3. “You manifest what you believe, not what you want.”
– Sonia Ricotti
This is a little piece of wisdom that emphasizes the need for active and conscious willpower behind your manifesting. You can’t just wish for a specific outcome. You have to believe in it, and this includes believing in yourself and your own ability to achieve or attract it.
4. “Be positive. Your mind is more powerful than you think. What is down in the well comes up in the bucket. Fill yourself with positive things.”
– Tony Dungy
“What is down in the well comes up in the bucket.” This is another way of visualizing the law of attraction, and it’s quite accurate. Whatever you dump in your mental well is what you’ll have to drink later when you get thirsty. Why not make it fresh, cool and clean water?
5. “Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe.”
– Oprah Winfrey
Here’s a thought exercise for you. If you could be anything, what would you be? If you could do anything, what would you do? Here’s another question. What’s actually stopping you from living the most amazing version of your life?
6. “You create your thoughts; your thoughts create your intentions; your intentions create your reality.”
– Dr. Wayne Dyer
Many things in life build on themselves. It’s up to you to decide if these links form a chain of negativity or a ladder to better things. Whether good or bad, be prepared for your choices to continuously grow, transform and reflect themselves back at you.
7. “When your primary function is to be happy, then whatever comes to you is irrelevant. Happiness is your true manifestation.”
– Gabrielle Bernstein
This quote is for the sad and the lost. If you don’t have any big dreams to chase, that’s okay! Make happiness your goal. Make positivity your mindset and your mental engine. When you encounter everything in the world with joy, gratitude and excitement, you’ll have good days no matter where you are or what you’re doing.
8. “I attract into my life whatever I give my attention, energy, and focus to, whether positive or negative.”
– Michael Losier
Positive affirmations can be a powerful tool for manifesting better and brighter futures. This is a rather simple one, but it’s direct and easy to memorize, and it can become part of your morning mantras if you’re trying to cultivate positive psychology in your everyday life.
9. “Visualization works if you work hard. That’s the thing. You can’t just visualize and go eat a sandwich.”
– Jim Carrey
Though he’s as humorous as always, comedian Jim Carrey is right on the money with this manifestation quote. It isn’t as simple as just closing your eyes and wishing for something. You have to put in the work for the universe to move for you.
10. “Self-knowledge is the beginning of self-correction.”
– Norman Vincent Peale
Dating all of the way back to 1952, this quote comes from The Power of Positive Thinking, the watershed book that introduced the law of attraction to the masses. Some parts have become a little outdated, but the fundamentals are as true and clear-eyed as the day that they were written. Know thyself. Improve thyself. Become a better version of thyself.
11. “A person is what he or she thinks about all day long.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Everyone knows a perpetually grouchy person who is never pleased with anything. You probably know a happy, optimistic person who always seems to have a personal sun shining over them as well. But have you ever considered the possibility that these people have the exact same troubles? What if they’re going through identical levels of hardship, but they just have different ways of dealing with it?
12. “To be an overachiever you have to be an over-believer.”
– Dabo Swinney
This idea goes back to the fundamental concept of visualizing what you want from life. Whether it’s health, wealth or success, you have to believe yourself eminently capable of achieving it, and you have to have faith that you can overcome whatever obstacles appear in your path in the meantime.
13. “We receive exactly what we expect to receive.”
– John Holland
Manifestation isn’t just about work or financial success. It’s also about love, family, self-esteem and building positive and healthy relationships that reflect your inner truths and values. You deserve to have good people in your life who love and support you. You deserve to be treated with respect in all things. Believe it. Manifest it. Bring this energy into your social sphere.
14. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
– Marianne Williamson
This stirring and inspirational passage is often attributed to Nelson Mandela, but it’s actually from self-help guru Marianne Williamson as she grapples with an important question: Are we really afraid of failure? Or are we afraid of success?
15. “Every single second is an opportunity to change your life because in any moment you can change the way you feel.”
– Rhonda Byrne
Another great quote from Rhonda Byrne, this one emphasizes the link between the mind and the soul as well as the influence that your mental state can have on your entire life. Remember your well. Remember that you want to fill it with cool, clear water.
16. “Whether you think you can or can’t, either way, you are right.”
– Henry Ford
Henry Ford knew a thing or two about making things happen. Confidence is one of the building blocks of successful manifestation, so even if you aren’t self-realized or self-empowered just yet, it’s something that you can work on as you incorporate mindfulness in your life.
These are just a few of the top powerful manifestation quotes that can help you change your habits, adjust your attitudes and harness the power of positive thinking. Whether you’re new to the practice or simply looking for a fresh burst of motivation, let these ideas bring light and clarity into your life as you manifest great things in your future. Good luck!